NOTES: Mets RHP Jeremy Hefner was placed on the DL because of a torn MCL in his right elbow. He is 0-2 with a 7.58 ERA in his last six starts. Manager Terry Collins said it's a chronic condition that is getting worse. "But we'll get him back this year," Collins said. "I do know there's a lot of guys who pitch with this. He's had this, and he's pitched with it, and he pitched pretty stinking good."... Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez returned to the starting lineup after being limited to one pinch-hitting appearance since Aug. 4 because of a sore right shoulder. ... Although the Dodgers are starting to tout Puig and RHP Hyun-Jin Ryu as NL rookie of the year candidates, Mattingly said, "It's way too early for us to be talking about it." ... Dodgers co-owner Magic Johnson turned 54.
Dodgers rally in 12th inning to beat Mets 5-4 for 8th consecutive victory
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Seahawks' Wilson: 'Complete confidence in who I am'
- Cutler: No issues with Marshall
- Manning leads Broncos over Chargers
- Gruden: Griffin should be back by Nov. 16 game
- Lions WR Johnson 'going good' in England
- Can Broncos afford to keep the Thomases?
- Titans will start rookie QB Mettenberger
- Seahawks insist there is no Harvin Hangover
- Goodell must testify at Rice hearing
Penn State Football
- NHL game roundup: Wings come back to nip Pens
- Senators-Leafs game rescheduled for Nov. 9
- Flyers rally past Penguins, 5-3
- NHL game roundup: Flyers feel at home in Pittsburgh
- Leafs-Sens game postponed after Ottawa shootings
- NHL game roundup: Rangers come back in third
- G Crawford out, Blackhawks recall Darling
- Oilers edge Lightning for first win of season
- Kings' Voynov suspended indefinitely
- Healthy Bryant shut down for rest of Lakers' preseason
- Reports: NBA lottery reform falls short of passing
- Thunder in Westbrook's hands as Durant mends
- NBA roundup: Warriors sign Kilpatrick
- Popovich to Suns owner: Where's 'chicken suit?'
- Griffin calls Sterling a 'weird uncle'
- Nets' Lopez injures foot again, out 10-14 days
- Durant eyes six-week recovery after surgery
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Rays' Maddon opts out of contract
- Red Sox hire Chili Davis as hitting coach
- Change of Hart: Braves name team president
- Five things we know heading into World Series Game 3
- Royals ride five-run inning to Game 2 rout
- Bumgarner, Giants cruise in World Series opener
- Phillies re-sign Jerome Williams
- Royals sub Nix for Colon on Series roster
- World Series notebook: Giants hold experience edge