Allentown, PA - The scholastic basketball season comes to a close this weekend with the state finals in Hershey. Today two head coaching positions opened up. Billy Dunn has resigned as head coach of the Emmaus Girls. Dunn went 37-33 overall and 20-20 in the LVC over three years after replacing Carl Smartschan. Two of his three teams qualified for the district tournament.
And in Stroudsburg, longtime boys coach Shawn Thornton resigned after 22 years at the helm. He leaves the position with an overall record of 311 wins and 261 losses, six Mountain Valley Conference titles, two District 11 championships, and four appearances in the PIAA state tournament including this year. The Mountaineers beat Liberty on March 1st in the District 11 consolation game to advance to states and fell to Hazleton in the first round.
- Greg Legg introduced as new Reading manager
- Lonnie Walker to receive McDonald's All-American jersey Friday
- Northampton girls eager to test themselves against strong competition this week
- Muhlenberg women adjusting to different results this season
- Penn State schedules latest Homecoming game in program history