The Emmaus and Pleasant Valley field hockey teams each won semifinal games Wednesday to advance to the championship round of the District 11 tournament.
Emmaus survived a scare from Nazareth by scoring the one and only goal of the night. Kristen Mikelson put the ball in the cage in the second half to earn the 1-0 win and put Emmaus in another Championship Game.
Pleasant Valley also earned a 1-goal win, beating Northampton 2-1. The K-Kids scored first on a great goal by Megan Wiest, but Pleasant Valley answered with two goals including the game winner by Melissa Russo.
Emmaus and Pleasant Valley will now meet Saturday for the AAA title.
- Sports Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
- Sports Frederick Breedon/Getty Images
- Sports Dylan Buell/Getty Images
- Sports Michael Reaves/Getty Images
- Sports Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- Sports Rob Carr/Getty Images
- Sports Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- Sports Gene Sweeney Jr/Getty Images
- Sports J Pat Carter/Getty Images
- Sports Ronald Cortes/Getty Images