The Emmaus boys and Parkland girls were crowned District 11 champions on the lacrosse field Thursday night. Emmaus beat Parkland, the Trojan girls beat Southern Lehigh.
For the Green Hornets the championship is a second straight and means another trip to the state tournament. They led the entire first half, and 6-4 at halftime. Parkland answered with a strong 3rd quarter, but Emmaus scored all 4 of the goals in the 4th quarter to win 11-8 and claim the championship.
The Parkland girls had a bit of an easier time with Southern Lehigh. After trailing 3-2 early, the Trojans dominated on their way to a 20-13 win.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions