Parkland, Emmaus, and Liberty all earned wins in the District 11 boys quarterfinals Saturday night.
Parkland routed Allen 59-44 in one District 4A quarterfinal. The Trojans advance to play Stroudsburg in the semifinals, which crushed East Stroudsburg North, 71-42.
Emmaus built a 16-point lead on Bangor, only to watch the Slaters come back and take the lead, before pulling out a 51-44 win in another District 4A quarterfinal.
The Green Hornets will face No. 9 Liberty in the semifinal round, which stunned top-seeded Pocono Mountain West, 74-73.
In District 3, the Wilson and Reading boys both suffered upset losses in the 4A quarterfinals on Saturday.
Wilson, the top seed, fell to 8th-seeded York High 53-47, dropping to 24-3 on the season.
Reading, the 4th seed, dropped a 95-87 decision to 12th-seeded Hershey.
Wilson and Reading will now play each other Tuesday night with the winner earning a state playoff berth.
In the District 3 2A playoffs, No. 5 Tulpehocken lost to No. 4 Delone Catholic, 57-45.
- Greg Legg introduced as new Reading manager
- Lonnie Walker to receive McDonald's All-American jersey Friday
- Northampton girls eager to test themselves against strong competition this week
- Muhlenberg women adjusting to different results this season
- Penn State schedules latest Homecoming game in program history