Playing without its best player, Liberty turned in a stout defensive effort in a 14-10 win over State College Saturday night at Frank Banko Field at BASD Stadium.
The Hurricanes were without injured wide receiver and defensive back K.J. Williams, who is considered by many to be the best player in the Lehigh Valley Conference.
But the defense stepped up, shutting out State College in the second half to seal the win.
The win was the first for new head coach John Truby.
Liberty will open its LVC schedule at home against Whitehall Friday night in a battle of 1-0 teams.
- Sports Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- Sports Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- Sports Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
- Sports Cooper Neill/Getty Images
- Sports Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
- Sports Mike McGinnis/Getty Images
- Sports Daniel Shirey/Getty Images
- Sports Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
- Sports iStock/JOE CICAK
- Sports FreeImages.com/Jason Antony
- Updated Lynch set to join Raiders after trade from Seahawks
- Updated Ohio State CB Conley facing sexual assault allegations
- Alfaro powers IronPigs to win at Columbus to open road trip
- ACCHS boy's lacrosse rout Emmaus, stays unbeaten
- Season ends for Lehigh men's lacrosse in Patriot League quarterfinals