There are three big football games for teams in our area this weekend. Two on Saturday and one on Sunday. The Neshaminy Redskins will play Saturday, and if they can beat St. Joe's Prep, they will be heading to Hershey to play for a state championship. Neshaminy was the dominant team in District 1 this season, with the exception of one week at the end of the regular season. They have won games by playing some old school football, defense and running the football. There are no secrets when it comes to what they want to do, and this week they know they have to do those things as well as they have all season to win. A few St. Joe's Prep mistakes wouldn't hurt their cause either. The game time for Neshaminy's game with St. Joe's Prep has been changed due to SAT's being given that day. Neshaminy and St. Joe's Prep will now square off Saturday at 3pm at Northeast High School in Philadelphia. The winner goes to Hershey to play next Saturday.
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions