The Parkland and Pen Argyl softball teams won their respective District Championships Thursday with victories at Pates Park.
Parkland beat Pleasant Valley in the AAAA championship game 6-1. The Trojans scored early and often on their way to the win, scoring in each of the first three innings.
Pen Argyl beat league rival Catasauqua 13-4 in the AA championship game. Pen Argyl scored 4 runs in the first inning and four more in the second inning on their way to a 9-run victory.
- New Becahi, Notre Dame GP fall in PIAA semifinals
- B1G CHAMPIONSHIP: Penn State not thinking about resume, just Badgers
- Wilson faces difficult challenge along Pittsburgh Central Catholic's O-line
- Cowboys hold off Vikings for 11th win in row
- Berks Catholic making special stop prior to state semifinal game