Folks in the Bangor area are excited about their teams' prospects heading into the 2014 high school football season.
Pius X ended last year by winning five of its last six games and earning the last slot in the District 11 A playoffs.
Top playmaker Eric Marbury transferred to Pleasant Valley over the offseason, but the Royals still have other weapons set to return in 2014.
Bangor is coming off a disappointing 3-7 season in 2013.
They also lost running back Phil Voss and quarterback Jryi Davis, who combined for the vast majority of the team's offensive production a year ago.
But as they enter year two under Head Coach Donnie Hawk, there is a sense of optimism in the Slaters' camp this season.
- Irving's 42 carry Cavs to win, 3-1 lead over Celtics
- Pivetta, IronPigs end Indianapolis' 8-game winning streak
- ACCHS, Southern Lehigh boys advance to District 11-2A finals
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart breakers