The lower seeded teams dominated play in the Colonial League Boys' Soccer semifinals Monday night. Southern Lehigh and Salisbury both won to move into the title round.
Southern Lehigh scored first when James Borelli put a ball in off his left foot in the first half. Northwestern answered with a penalty kick goal from Kyle Willis in the 2nd half. In the 2nd overtime, Southern Lehigh would prevail when Will Demmel scored to put the Spartans into the title game with a 2-1 win.
In the other semifinal, Salisbury controlled top seed Saucon Valley for a 3-0 win. Joe Reilly scored twice in the first half to put the Falcons out in front. Kevin Barahona added a third goal in the 2nd half as the Falcons advanced to another championship game.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions