The Central Catholic and Berks Catholic boys both dominated in the opening round of the Stellar Tournament Thursday evening.
Central Catholic jumped ahead of East Pennsboro early and never trailed on the way to a 15 point win that wasn't as close as the final score indicated.
Berks Catholic had a similar outing, beating up on Emmaus in round one to advance to the winner's bracket. The Saints won 55-34.
The Bangor and Northern Lehigh boys were also among the first round winners in the boys' bracket.
The Southern Lehigh girls dominated in their opener, cruising to a big win over Upper Perk behind a balanced offensive attack.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Updated Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions