The Central Catholic and Berks Catholic boys both dominated in the opening round of the Stellar Tournament Thursday evening.
Central Catholic jumped ahead of East Pennsboro early and never trailed on the way to a 15 point win that wasn't as close as the final score indicated.
Berks Catholic had a similar outing, beating up on Emmaus in round one to advance to the winner's bracket. The Saints won 55-34.
The Bangor and Northern Lehigh boys were also among the first round winners in the boys' bracket.
The Southern Lehigh girls dominated in their opener, cruising to a big win over Upper Perk behind a balanced offensive attack.
- B1G CHAMPIONSHIP: Penn State not thinking about resume, just Badgers
- Wilson faces difficult challenge along Pittsburgh Central Catholic's O-line
- Cowboys hold off Vikings for 11th win in row
- Berks Catholic making special stop prior to state semifinal game
- Heavyweights North Penn, St. Joe's Prep clash Saturday in PIAA semis