The Wilson WL Boys lacrosse team called Shirk Stadium home as they hosted the Exeter Eagles in a clash of undefeated teams.
Both teams exchanged goals throughout the first half battling even to a 5-5 score. , The Bulldogs outscored the Eagles 10-5 in the second half to come away with the win, 15-10.
Connor Howell led the second half surge for Wilson. Howell scored 4 of his 5 goals during a key stretch in the second half.
Darion Einsig and Bryan Crim each netted 3 goals for the Eagles. Exeter (6-1, 8-1) returns to action tomorrow when they play Parkland.
Howell added 2 assists to his 5 goals and Julian Jackson chipped in 5 points to lead the way for the Bulldogs. Wilson WL (7-0, 8-0) puts their undefeated mark on the line tomorrow when they meet Ephrata.
At Reiffton, the Exeter Eagles girls team defeated Wilson WL 14-12 to remain undefeated.
From the start this game went back and forth. After Exeter lead by as many at three goals in the second half, Wilson's Madison Klee tied the game at 12-12 late in the second half.
Exeter answered as Hailey Leister found Morgan Stump for the game winning goal.
Exeter (6-0, 8-0) will host Cumberland Valley on Monday. Wilson WL (5-1, 5-3) will host Warwick.
- Sports FreeImages.com/Jason Antony
- Sports J Pat Carter/Getty Images
- Sports Joe Robbins/Getty Images
- Sports Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
- Sports Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
- Sports Andy Lyons/Getty Images
- Sports Daniel Shirey/Getty Images
- Sports Harry How/Getty Images
- Sports Mike McGinnis/Getty Images
- Sports Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images