YORK, Pa. - The NCAA Mid-Atlantic region's top-seed, Johns Hopkins, scored 6 runs in the 9th inning Friday night to pull off a wild, come-from-behind 13-9 victory over (5) Alvernia in the winner's bracket at York.
Alvernia once led 8-3, but could not keep the Blue Jays off the board consistently.
The Crusaders return to action Saturday morning against Elizabethtown in an elimination game.
Video highlights courtesy of the Middle Atlantic Conference.
Also of note, (8) Penn State-Berks fell in an elimination game in the New England regional, 12-4, to (4) Salve Regina on Friday.
- Lions storm back to beat Steelhawks in NAL playoffs
- Cedar Beach: Allen and Northampton boys, Nazareth girls among Friday winners
- Cedar Beach: Mustangs, Saints notch wins on Friday
- Fightin Phils open key series with 9-7 win in Baseballtown
- Hoskins drives in 3 as IronPigs get back on track in Rochester