ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) -- Dillon Gee tossed seven scoreless innings, leading the Rochester Red Wings over the Lehigh Valley IronPigs in a 4-1 win on Saturday.
Gee (2-0) allowed four hits while striking out four and walking one to get the win.
Up 1-0 in the fifth, Rochester added to its lead when Matt Hague hit an RBI single, scoring J.B. Shuck.
After Rochester added two runs, the IronPigs cut into the deficit in the eighth inning when Jorge Alfaro hit an RBI single, driving in Herlis Rodriguez.
Jake Thompson (3-11) went 4 2/3 innings, allowing two runs and three hits in the International League game. He also struck out two and walked four. Drew Rucinski pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings for his second save of the season.
Johnny Mangano has the highlights.
Story courtesy of The Associated Press.
- Sports Joe Robbins/Getty Images
- Sports iStock
- Sports Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
- Sports Tim Warner/Getty Images
- Sports Frederick Breedon/Getty Images
- Sports Courtesy of Golden State Warriors
- Sports Scott Halleran/Getty Images
- Sports Andy Lyons/Getty Images
- Sports Ronald Cortes/Getty Images
- Sports Doug Pensinger/Getty Images