ROCHESTER, NY - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs saw their franchise record 12-game winning streak snapped Thursday afternoon in Rochester, 10-8.
It was the longest streak by the Phillies' Triple-A affiliate since moving to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in 1989 and the longest in the IL since Columbus won 13 straight in 2011.
The Pigs led 7-1 through 2 innings, but the Red Wings (18-17) scored 6 in the 4th and 3 in the 3rd to take the lead and never look back.
Rhys Hoskins did homer twice for the IronPigs. Dylan Cozens did as well. Hoskins is tied for the International League lead in homers with 12. Cozens is one behind with 11.
The first-place IronPigs (26-14) open a 3-game series in Syracuse Friday night at 6:35.
- Irving's 42 carry Cavs to win, 3-1 lead over Celtics
- Pivetta, IronPigs end Indianapolis' 8-game winning streak
- ACCHS, Southern Lehigh boys advance to District 11-2A finals
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart breakers