^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Seahawks' Sherman, Thomas full practice participants
- FAA says 'no' to drones at Super Bowl
- Patriots' Brady fighting flu bug
- NFL investigators reach out to Columbia physics department
- 'Beast Mode' persona resonates with Seahawks' 12th Man
- Wells: Probe of Patriots to last several weeks
- Patriots' Browner: Target injured Seahawks
- New England Patriots owner defends coach, QB
- Competition takes back seat to fun in Pro Bowl
Penn State Football
- NHL roundup: Pens end skid, top Jets
- Kings place C Richards on waivers
- Teams combine for 29 goals in NHL All-Star Game
- Penguins' Crosby out of All-Star Game
- Report: Wild, Avalanche to host outdoor games next season
- NHL game roundup: Blackhawks hand Pens another loss
- NHL game roundup: Isles move to top of East
- Rangers' Staal agrees to six-year extension
- NHL game roundup: Stars top Blackhawks
- NBA game roundup: Cavs' Irving pours in 55 points
- Four-man field set for dunk contest
- NBA roundup: Bulls end Warriors' home streak in OT
- Curry, Thompson to face off in 3-point contest
- NBA game roundup: Randolph's double-double leads Memphis
- Pistons' Jennings out for season with ruptured Achilles tendon
- NBA roundup: Cavaliers win sixth straight
- Curry tops James in All-Star voting
- Lakers' Bryant suffers torn rotator cuff
- Marlins officially sign Suzuki to 1-year contract
- Yanks may fight A-Rod over bonus money
- Services for Ernie Banks to be held this weekend
- Yanks reportedly reject A-Rod's apology attempt
- Banks died after suffering heart attack
- Phillies in talks to trade Papelbon to Brewers
- MLB notebook: Hall inductees to represent Astros, Red Sox, Braves
- Yankees' Rodriguez working out with Bonds
- Aoki finalizes one-year deal with Giants