^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Orioles get reliever Miller from Red Sox
- Yankees add Prado, Drew at deadline
- Rays trade Price to Tigers in 3-team deal
- Nationals acquire Indians INF Asdrubal Cabrera
- A's acquire ace Lester for All-Star Cespedes
- Brewers acquire Parra from D-backs
- Mariners acquire Denorfia from Padres
- Cardinals net RHP Lackey from Red Sox
- Report: A's send Milone to Twins for OF Fuld
- Report: Love deal to Cavs looks probable
- Report: LeBron, Cavs will play at Miami on Christmas
- Report: 76ers oppose lottery changes
- Scott takes on big challenge as Lakers coach
- ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith
- Michele Roberts named NBPA exec. director
- Lakers announce hiring of Scott
- Report: Clippers' Griffin has small back fracture
- Judge: Clippers sale can go forward
- Kings sign LW King to 3-year deal
- Leafs sign D Gardiner to 5-year deal
- Wild's Fontaine signs two-year contract
- Red Wings sign Tatar to 3-year deal
- Sabres sign F Adam
- Capitals sign Australian F Walker
- NHL roundup: Canadiens, Eller reach agreement
- Defenseman Sarich injured in cycling accident
- Avs, O'Reilly agree to two-year contract
- Ravens' Rice: 'My actions were inexcusable'
- Romo might miss preseason opener
- NFL roundup: Cowboys LT Smith signs eight-year extension
- Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to extension
- San Antonio Raiders? Davis eyes options
- CB Peterson signs extension with Cardinals
- Browns acclimate to protecting Johnny Football
- Lions, Suh table extension talks
- NFL roundup: League claims Rice message sent