^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Kershaw isn't focusing on next no-hitter
- McCarthy, Yankees avoid sweep, beat Astros
- Angels trade for 2B Beckham
- Game roundup: Nationals claim 10th straight win
- Angels lose Richards for 6-9 months with knee injury
- Price loses to Rays despite tossing 1-hitter
- Yankees RHP Tanaka to throw BP Saturday
- Puig, Cano, Pujols to play in All-Star series
- Tigers' Verlander to start Saturday
- Rose plans to play for Team USA Friday
- Rose sits out Team USA exhibition
- NBA roundup: Veteran ref Bavetta retires
- NBA roundup: Cleamons expected to join Knicks' staff
- Report: Marion to sign with Cavs
- George wants to play in '16 Olympics
- Team USA cancels Africa trip over Ebola concerns
- Cousins injured at Team USA workout
- NBA releases 2014-15 schedule
- Sharks' Torres needs surgery; Thornton loses 'C'
- NHL changes lottery format
- Senators re-sign LW MacArthur
- NHL roundup: Leafs sign No. 1 pick Nylander
- Owner: Panthers' future in Florida uncertain
- Ex-Islanders coach Arbour battes dementia
- Red Wings give GM Holland 4-year extension
- Oilers' top pick signs three-year deal
- Kings to retire Blake's No. 4 jersey
- Pettine says two-QB system 'on the table'
- Bills' Marrone angry for practice fights
- Foles, offense sharp as Eagles beat Steelers
- Steelers stumble badly in loss to Eagles
- 49ers stop practice due to unplayable field
- Cowboys LB Holloman's career likely over
- ALS-stricken Shaw 'not scared to die'
- Steelers' Bell, Blount arrested
- Ex-Bills QB Kelly gets positive medical report