^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- New Jet Harvin admits frustration with Seahawks
- Redskins' Gruden: McCoy will start if Griffin remains out
- Bears' Long says he was wrong to blame fans
- Bills' Jackson may miss month; Spiller to have surgery
- Manning's record night lifts Broncos over 49ers
- Cardinals run past winless Raiders
- Rookie kicks Chiefs past Chargers
- Murray sets new NFL rushing record
- Colts D earns stripes in shutout of Bengals
Penn State Football
- Sabres to retire Hasek's jersey
- Flames sign Brodie to 5-year deal
- NHL game roundup: Kings win 4th straight
- It's official: Nashville gets 2016 All-Star Game
- NHL game roundup: Isles continue strong start
- Ducks lose F Maroon for four weeks
- NHL game roundup: Bruins edge Wings in shootout
- Nashville to host 2016 NHL All-Star Game
- Kings beat the Oilers 6-1
- Griffin calls Sterling a 'weird uncle'
- Nets' Lopez injures foot again, out 10-14 days
- Durant eyes six-week recovery after surgery
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Lakers' Nash injured again
- Nowitzki advocates shorter season
- James held out of Cavs' preseason game
- Celtics-Nets to play 44-minute preseason game
- Pistons' Meeks to miss 2 months with back injury
- Giants fan swaps home run ball for Series tickets
- Longtime Orioles infielder Roberts retires
- Giants beat Cards, head to World Series
- Banister's underdog story suits Rangers
- Giants inch closer to World Series birth
- Playoff-perfect Royals sweep Orioles for AL title
- Report: Rangers decline option on Rios
- Royals edge Orioles, take 3-0 ALCS lead
- Cards' throwing error hands Game 3 to Giants