^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Holliday, Wong lead Cardinals past Pirates, 5-4
- Hamels, Phillies bullpen pitch team's first combined no-hitter
- Game roundup: Four Phillies pitchers combine for no-hitter
- Franco, Gonzalez among Phillies September call-ups
- Phillies trade Mayberry to Toronto
- Cardinals confident Lackey will deliver
- Mariners' Montero goes after heckling scout
- Yankees fall to Tigers 3-2 on Avila's hit in 9th
- Niese keeps Mets close, but falls to Braves
- One weekend, three celebrity weddings
- Report: Durant offered $265 million-plus shoe deal
- Heat add free-agent guard Brown
- Warriors sign point guard Barbosa
- Clippers, Rivers agree to contract extension
- Timberwolves' influx of young talent excited for season
- OKC unloads Thabeet to Philly
- Love plans long-term relationship with Cavs
- Lillard on cover of NBA Live 15
- Ex-Penguin Morozov retires
- Avalanche G Giguere retires
- Sharks' Torres needs surgery; Thornton loses 'C'
- NHL changes lottery format
- Senators re-sign LW MacArthur
- NHL roundup: Leafs sign No. 1 pick Nylander
- Owner: Panthers' future in Florida uncertain
- Ex-Islanders coach Arbour battes dementia
- Red Wings give GM Holland 4-year extension
- Harbaugh: No tolerance for domestic violence
- Report: Texans' Watt lands $100M extension
- Irsay pleads guilty, gets probation
- Sam not signed to Rams practice squad
- Report: Carr named Raiders' starting QB
- Domestic violence charge for 49ers' McDonald
- Rams waive openly gay player Michael Sam
- Pats' Logan Mankins traded to Bucs
- Bills lose Watkins again to ribs injury