^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Astros face union grievance over top pick
- MLB roundup: Mariners add Morales in trade
- Hamels, Utley lead Phils over Giants 2-1
- Game roundup: Hamels, Phillies handle Giants
- Cole Hamels throws 8 shutout innings striking out 10 as the Phils snap a four game skid
- Phillie Phanatic makes friends at preschool
- Tigers bolster bullpen with Soria trade
- Pence drives in 3, Giants beat Phillies 3-1
- Game roundup: Colon, Mets stymie Mariners
- Bryant: Lakers need to re-sign Howard
- Friend of Lakers' Hill totals his Bentley
- LeBron James named SI's Sportsman of the Year
- Bobcats name assistant coaches
- Kings deny reported move to Virginia Beach
- Paul out 8 weeks following thumb surgery
- Van Gundy rips Magic CEO in radio interview
- Hornets, coach agree to 4-year extension
- NBA's all-time winningest coach retires
- NHL roundup: Canadiens, Eller reach agreement
- Defenseman Sarich injured in cycling accident
- Avs, O'Reilly agree to two-year contract
- Rangers, Zuccarello comes to terms on 1-year deal
- NHL roundup: Maple Leafs sign Franson
- Report: Stars, Roussel set arbitration targets
- NHL roundup: Ribeiro, Roy join Predators
- Penguins' Crosby avoids wrist surgery
- NHL roundup: Bartowski signs with Bruins
- EAGLES CAMP: Johnson takes blame as Eagles report
- Lynch a no-show at Seahawks' camp
- 49ers TE Davis not holding out
- Seahawks' Lynch expected to hold out
- Saints say all's well with Graham
- Ravens' Rice suspended two games
- Jags' Blackmon arrested, admits to smoking blunt
- Report: Browns' Gordon to appeal suspension
- Gruden: RG3 'hands down' Redskins' best QB