^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Bills sending Alonso to Eagles for McCoy
- Franchised: Five get tag, including Bryant, Houston
- Vikings communicating with Peterson
- Lynch on Turkish TV: 'I was expecting the ball'
- Rice says sees why people commit suicide
- Vikings' Peterson: Ruling 'brings me one step closer'
- Falcons release RB Jackson
- Vikings RB Peterson wins appeal
- Broncos, Manning pursue restructured contract
Penn State Football
- NHL notebook: Wild, Sabres make multiple trades
- Lightning get Coburn for Gudas, deal Connolly
- NHL roundup: Jagr scores as Panthers outlast Lightning
- Jackets trade Horton to Leafs for Clarkson
- NHL roundup: Crawford, Blackhawks blank Panthers
- NHL game roundup: Pens edge Caps, avoid season sweep
- Blackhawks' Kane on IR, out 6-10 weeks
- NHL roundup: Isles beat Coyotes, continue to roll
- Ducks score three in third, beat Wings in shootout
- NBA notebook: Bulls lose All-Star Butler for 3-6 weeks
- NBA game roundup: Raptors finally end skid
- Michael Jordan joins billionaires' club
- NBA roundup: Warriors rally from 26-point deficit
- Ex-Knick Mason dies at 48
- Federer beats Djokovic to win Dubai title
- NBA pioneer Earl Lloyd dies at 86
- NBA notebook: Rose will have surgery Friday
- NBA game roundup: Hawks win NBA-best 26th home game
- MLB notebook: Kershaw will open season for Dodgers again
- Fightin Phils pitcher puts hailstorm, concussion behind him
- MLB notebook: Minnie Minoso dies
- Rodriguez enjoys first day in Yankees' camp
- MLB notebook: Brewers bring back K-Rod
- Report: Angels' Hamilton admits drug relapse
- Aaron wants Rodriguez to do well with Yankees
- MLB notebook: 'I've paid a price,' Rodriguez says
- MLB commish would consider 154-game season