^By AARON BRACY=
PHILADELPHIA (AP) _ Jimmy Rollins singled in the fifth to pass Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt to become the Phillies' hits leader and Domonic Brown capped the inning with a three-run homer, leading Philadelphi to a 7-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
Rollins got hit No. 2,235 off Edwin Jackson, sending a 3-1 pitch into right field to open the fifth. The game was then delayed for an on-field celebration.
Schmidt, now a Phillies TV analyst for Sunday games, retrieved Rollins' bat and greeted the 2007 NL MVP with a high-five and hug at first base. The entire Phillies team then came out from the dugout to offer congratulatory hugs and handshakes.
Chase Utley also homered for Philadelphia, which has won four of five following a dismal 1-8 stretch.
David Buchanan (2-3), in his fifth start for injured lefty Cliff Lee (elbow), allowed three runs and six hits in five innings.
JRoll becomes Phillies all-time hits leader in 7-4 win over Cubs
^By AARON BRACY=
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Cowboys' Hardy in altercation with teammate
- NFL notebook: Patriots honored by Obama at White House
- Cowboys' Romo promises: 'We're going to win a Super Bowl next year'
- Judge OKs NFL concussion lawsuit settlement
- NFL suspends Greg Hardy for 10 games
- Seahawks QB Wilson clarifies baseball comments
- NFL season kicks off with Pats vs. Steelers
- Favre's No. 4 to be retired Thanksgiving night
- Hall of Famer St. Clair dies at 84
Penn State Football
- NHL roundup: Lightning storm back in Detroit
- Bergeron, Kopitar, Toews named Selke finalists
- NHL roundup: Ducks sweep Jets to advance
- NHL roundup: Blackhawks win marathon game vs. Predators
- Las Vegas ticket drive expected to top 11,000
- NHL roundup: With OT win, Ducks grab 3-0 lead
- Sharks, McLellan part ways after 7 seasons
- NHL roundup: Blackhawks take series lead vs. Predators
- Report: Stars, D Klingberg agree on 7-year extension
- Spurs' Leonard nabs Defensive Player of Year honors
- NBA roundup: Spurs even series with Clippers
- Thunder fire Brooks after missing playoffs
- NBA to play first exhibition game in Africa
- NBA roundup: Wizards win at Toronto again
- Cavs' James tunes out world during playoffs
- Hawks' Budenholzer NBA Coach of the Year
- Raptors G Williams wins Sixth Man Award
- NBA roundup: Irving, Cavs roll in Game 1
- Six suspended in Royals-White Sox brawl
- Report: Angels could part with Hamilton in days
- 5 tossed after Royals-White Sox skirmish
- Tigers' Nathan vows to return from elbow surgery
- MLB roundup: Mets win 11th straight
- Bonds' obstruction conviction tossed out
- MLB roundup: Mets win 10th in a row
- Finally, Yankees great Williams set to officially retire
- Angels' Hamilton to begin baseball activities soon