Cody Asche hit a pair of home runs as the IronPigs won at Rochester 8-1 Tuesday night.
Cameron Rupp also homered for the IronPigs, and Freddy Galvis added a pair of RBIs.
The game marked a much-needed explosion for the IronPigs offense, which had managed just 12 runs total over the last eight games.
Ethan Martin (11-5, 4.35) allowed just two hits over six shutout innings to earn the win.
The win snapped a 1-7 skid for the IronPigs (52-52), who will resume their series with the Red Wings Wednesday night.
The game will start at 7:05pm.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions