The Columbus Clippers earned a 6-4 win over the IronPigs on Sunday in Tyler Cloyd's return to Coca-Cola Park.
Cloyd, who was named the International League Pitcher of the Year as a member of the IronPigs in 2012, pitched seven solid innings to earn the win against his former team.
Rusty Ryal hit an RBI single in the second innings, and Sebastian Valle followed with a three-run home run to give the 'Pigs a 4-3 lead.
But Cloyd was lights out after that, and the Clippers scratched out the win.
Tyler Knigge (1-1, 3.75) took the loss in relief for the 'Pigs, who lost their second straight game to Columbus.
The IronPigs (38-39) will wrap up their four-game series with the Clippers on Monday at 7:05pm at Coca-Cola Park.
- Irving's 42 carry Cavs to win, 3-1 lead over Celtics
- Pivetta, IronPigs end Indianapolis' 8-game winning streak
- ACCHS, Southern Lehigh boys advance to District 11-2A finals
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart-breakers