Maikel Franco and Darin Ruf each had big nights on Sunday as the IronPigs split a doubleheader at the Syracuse Chiefs.
The 'Pigs won the first game 7-6 before falling 6-4 in the nightcap.
The 'Pigs raced out to a 7-0 lead in game one, then had to hold on for dear life as the Chiefs scored six times in the 7th and final inning.
Franco and Ruf each hit a pair of RBI doubles for the 'Pigs in the win.
Jason Marquis (1-0, 2.22) picked up the win for the 'Pigs in game one.
In game two, Franco had another RBI in a losing effort for the 'Pigs, and Nate Spears had two hits and two RBIs, including a home run.
Greg Smith (7-7, 4.12) lasted only four innings to take the loss on the mound.
After splitting six games with Syracuse over the last four days, the IronPigs (49-53) will return home to open a two-game series with Buffalo on Monday at 7:05pm at Coca-Cola Park.
- New Becahi, Salisbury boys advance to District 11 semifinals
- New Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- New District 11 Wrestling: AAA and AA quarterfinal recap
- New District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Updated Lehigh Valley opens weekend with 5-3 setback at Springfield