Carlos Zambrano pitched 5 solid innings and the IronPigs hit two late home runs to beat the RailRiders in their first meeting of the year Thursday night.
Zambrano threw 5 innings and allowed 2 runs in his first AAA start this season. He left trailing in the game.
Cody Overbeck and Darin Ruf changed that when both hit home runs to right field in the later innings to give the IronPigs a lead the bullpen would hold on to in a 4-2 win over the RailRiders.
- Updated Wieters joins Nationals on 2-year, $21 million deal
- Tough night for Berks teams as District 3 tournament tips off
- Alvernia falls to Lebanon Valley in first round of Commonwealth playoffs
- Emmaus boys hungry entering District 11 tournament
- Liberty hoping time off ignites District 11 playoff run