After back-to-back blowout losses, the IronPigs bounced back Saturday night to earn a doubleheader sweep at the Syracuse Chiefs.
The 'Pigs beat the Chiefs 4-2 and 5-0, avenging two lopsided losses to Syracuse at Coca-Cola Park on Thursday and Friday.
Leandro Castro homered and Nate Spears went 2-for-4 with an RBI in the 'Pigs game one win.
Brad Lincoln (5-5, 4.24) struck out seven and pitched all seven innings to earn the win on the mound in game one.
In game two, three reliever combined for a four-hit shutout, with Jeremy Horst (4-1, 4.17) picking up the win.
Spears and Castro led the offense again, both going 2-for-2 with two RBIs, and Spears adding a homer.
The IronPigs (48-52) and Chiefs will play another doubleheader in Syracuse on Sunday, with game one starting at 5pm.
- Irving's 42 carry Cavs to win, 3-1 lead over Celtics
- Pivetta, IronPigs end Indianapolis' 8-game winning streak
- ACCHS, Southern Lehigh boys advance to District 11-2A finals
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart breakers