The IronPigs beat Columbus 2-1 at Coca-Cola Park Sunday night, snapping their season-long six-game losing streak.
Greg Smith (5-1, 1.93) allowed just four hits and one unearned runs in eight strong innings to earn the win.
Cesar Hernandez and Freddy Galvis hit RBI doubles on consecutive pitches in the third inning to provide the IronPigs offense.
Columbus loaded the bases with one out in the ninth, but Zach Miner wriggled out of the jam to earn the save.
The IronPigs (51-51) will kick off an eight-game road trip Monday night in Rochester.
- Sports Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- Sports Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- Sports Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
- Sports Cooper Neill/Getty Images
- Sports Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
- Sports Mike McGinnis/Getty Images
- Sports Daniel Shirey/Getty Images
- Sports Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
- Sports iStock/JOE CICAK
- Sports FreeImages.com/Jason Antony