Jim Murphy had a home run and finished a single shy of the cycle Monday night but in a losing effort for the IronPigs.
Murphy's home run came in the 7th inning and broke a 2-2 tie. The IronPigs would add another run on a Steve Susdorf single.
But Columbus rallied for 5 runs in the top of the 8th inning and that was enough to earn a 7-4 win. The Clippers win the series 3 games to 1. The IronPigs now go on the road for a quick 2-game series in Syracuse.
- Irving's 42 carry Cavs to win, 3-1 lead over Celtics
- Pivetta, IronPigs end Indianapolis' 8-game winning streak
- ACCHS, Southern Lehigh boys advance to District 11-2A finals
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart breakers