The IronPigs won in Louisville Thursday night, but made headlines before and during the game because of roster moves. The Phillies released Steve Susdorf and called up Grady Sizemore.
The IronPigs beat Louisville 8-4 and it was the bats of Tyler Henson and Maikel Franco that led the way. Henson drove in 3 runs, Franco drove in 2.
Susdorf was released by Philadelphia prior to the game, ending his very productive stint with the IronPigs.
Sizemore was called up after starting the game in centerfield for the IronPigs. He left after one at-bat and will join the Phillies on Friday.
- Sports Frederick Breedon/Getty Images
- Sports Dylan Buell/Getty Images
- Sports Michael Reaves/Getty Images
- Sports Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- Sports Rob Carr/Getty Images
- Sports Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- Sports Gene Sweeney Jr/Getty Images
- Sports J Pat Carter/Getty Images
- Sports Ronald Cortes/Getty Images