For the Phillies, the banquet season precedes the Spring Training season, and that banquet season has brought them to the Lehigh Valley tonight. The Ironpigs were hosting tonight's banquet at the Sands in Bethlehem to raise money for Ironpigs' charities and give fans a chance to hear from coaches and players. There was a pretty impressive group in town for tonight's festivities. Charlie Manuel and Ruben Amaro, Jr. both came to talk about the upcoming season, joining them were new Ironpigs' manager Dave Brundage, and a couple of players. For Charlie Manuel, this event just means he's one day closer to seeing what his team will look like on the field. The players that were on hand tonight were Kevin Frandsen and Erik Kratz, two household names for Ironpigs' fans. Both have been key guys in the Lehigh Valley the last year, and both were key guys in Philadelphia at the end of last season for the Phillies. That success means they're even more excited to see what 2013 brings their way.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions