The Reading Fightin Phils came within one out of a no-hitter on Tuesday in a 5-1 win at Harrisburg.
The Fightins gave up an infield single to Quincy Lattimore with two outs in the ninth inning to break up the no-hitter.
Hoby Milner (4-2, 3.52) struck out five over five no-hit innings, before rains came in and delayed the game for close to an hour.
After the rain delay, Ryan O'Sullivan came in and pitched three hitless innings in relief.
Kyle Simon then retired the first two batters in the ninth, before allowing the infield single to Lattimore.
Carlos Alonso started the scoring with a two-run home run in the first inning for Reading.
The Fightin Phils (30-25) will play game two of their three-game series with the Senators on Wednesday at 7pm.
- Greg Legg introduced as new Reading manager
- Lonnie Walker to receive McDonald's All-American jersey Friday
- Northampton girls eager to test themselves against strong competition this week
- Muhlenberg women adjusting to different results this season
- Penn State schedules latest Homecoming game in program history