The Fightin Phils kicked off their final home series of the season with a 4-3, come-from-behind win over Erie in 12 innings Friday night.
Reading trailed 3-1 heading into the 9th, but Raywilly Gomez hit a two-run home run to force things into extra innings.
In the 12th, Peter Lavin won the game with an RBI single to left.
Kyle Simon (5-2, 3.02) picked up the win in relief.
The Fightin Phils (58-74) will play their last two home games of the season on Saturday at 6:35pm and Sunday at 1:35pm at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Greg Legg introduced as new Reading manager
- Lonnie Walker to receive McDonald's All-American jersey Friday
- Northampton girls eager to test themselves against strong competition this week
- Muhlenberg women adjusting to different results this season
- Penn State schedules latest Homecoming game in program history