For the second straight night, the Reading Fightin Phils beat Akron in 12 innings, earning a 3-2 win over the RubberDucks.
The Fightins scratched out a run on an error in the 12th to win it.
Reading improves to 18-1 in one-run games with the win.
The Fightin Phils (27-19) have won eight of their last nine games. They'll resume their series in Akron on Sunday at 2:05pm.
- New Wilson faces difficult challenge along Pittsburgh Central Catholic's O-line
- Cowboys hold off Vikings for 11th win in row
- Berks Catholic making special stop prior to state semifinal game
- Heavyweights North Penn, St. Joe's Prep clash Saturday in PIAA semis
- McSorley, Penn State will be tested by Wisconsin secondary