Maikel Franco, one of the Phillies top-rated prospects, has arrived in Reading.
Franco was promoted to Reading from Clearwater on Wednesday and made his Fightin Phils debut on Thursday.
The 20-year-old went 2-for-4 at the plate and also made a couple of really nice plays in the field at third base.
Franco is currently the 8th-ranked prospect in the Phillies' system, but he's been so good in Clearwater this year that many expect him to make a big move up that list in the near future.
Franco is hitting over .300 on the year with 17 home runs, 23 doubles, 53 RBIs, 20 walks, and 39 strikeouts.
- Sports Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- Sports Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- Sports Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
- Sports Cooper Neill/Getty Images
- Sports Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
- Sports Mike McGinnis/Getty Images
- Sports Daniel Shirey/Getty Images
- Sports Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
- Sports iStock/JOE CICAK
- Sports FreeImages.com/Jason Antony