Akron's Jordan Smith had a game he will never forget against the Fightin Phils on Sunday.
Smith hit for the cycle against Reading, and capped it off with a game-winning, two-run triple in the 9th inning to earn the RubberDucks a 6-4 win in Baseballtown.
Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez (0-2, 3.38) took the loss in the 9th inning. Reading pitchers allowed 19 hits on the day.
Kelly Dugan homered, K.C. Serna had three hits, and Jake Fox had two hits, including his 19th RBI in his last 11 games for Reading.
The Fightin Phils (44-61) will start a four-game series in Portland on Monday at 7pm.
- Updated Wieters joins Nationals on 2-year, $21 million deal
- Tough night for Berks teams as District 3 tournament tips off
- Alvernia falls to Lebanon Valley in first round of Commonwealth playoffs
- Emmaus boys hungry entering District 11 tournament
- Liberty hoping time off ignites District 11 playoff run