Chase Utley went 0-for-4 in a rehab appearance with the Reading Fightin Phils at FirstEnergy Stadium Wednesday night.
The Fightin Phils celebrated Utley's appearance by staging a furious comeback to beat Portland in extra innings.
Reading rallied from an 8-2 deficit, scoring two in the eighth, two in the ninth, and one in the 10th for a 9-8 win in 10 innings.
Tyson Gillies supplied the game-winning hit, singling home Anthony Hewitt to win the game for Reading in the 10th.
Utley had three fly outs and grounded into a fielder's choice in the game.
He ran well and played a solid second base.
Utley may play in Baseballtown again on Thursday, though nothing is official at this point.
Jim Murphy paced the Fightins offense, going 4-for-4 with two home runs, four RBIs, and three runs scored.
Luis Garcia (2-1, 3.00) picked up the win in relief for the Fightin Phils.
Reading (29-40) will wrap up its series with the Sea Dogs on Thursday at 7:05pm at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- B1G CHAMPIONSHIP: Penn State not thinking about resume, just Badgers
- Wilson faces difficult challenge along Pittsburgh Central Catholic's O-line
- Cowboys hold off Vikings for 11th win in row
- Berks Catholic making special stop prior to state semifinal game
- Heavyweights North Penn, St. Joe's Prep clash Saturday in PIAA semis