According to multiple reports, Alex Rodriguez will be suspended by Major League Baseball and make his 2013 Yankees debut all in the same day on Monday.
Major League Baseball will reportedly announce suspensions for 13 players Monday afternoon for their involvement in the Biogenesis clinic and performance enhancing drugs.
Rodriguez is expected to be suspended for the rest of this season and the entire 2014 season.
If Rodriguez appeals the suspension - which he is expected to do - then he could make his 2013 debut for the Yankees Monday night at the Chicago White Sox.
Yankees Manager Joe Girardi says he has already penciled Rodriguez into Monday's starting lineup.
Rodriguez played against the Reading Fightin Phils while rehabbing in Trenton over the weekend.
He went 1-for-2 with five walks in two games, including a home run off of Phillies prospect Jesse Biddle on Saturday.
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions
- Muhlenberg girls keep bubble alive with win over Hamburg