The Phillies placed outfielder/first baseman John Mayberry, Jr. on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday with left wrist inflammation.
The Phils called Darin Ruf up from the IronPigs to replace him on the active roster.
Mayberry was thought to be a potential trade chip for the Phillies, but the injury likely means he will stay in Philadelphia through the July 31st trade deadline.
Ruf's promotion gives the Phillies front office another chance to evaluate whether he can be a regular contributor to the team going forward.
Ruf was 6-for-12 with four RBIs over his last three games for the IronPigs.
- Irving's 42 carry Cavs to win, 3-1 lead over Celtics
- Pivetta, IronPigs end Indianapolis' 8-game winning streak
- ACCHS, Southern Lehigh boys advance to District 11-2A finals
- Wilson WL boys win thriller with Cumberland Valley in District 3 semi
- Twin Valley, Hamburg ousted from districts on heart breakers