The Phillies placed outfielder/first baseman John Mayberry, Jr. on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday with left wrist inflammation.
The Phils called Darin Ruf up from the IronPigs to replace him on the active roster.
Mayberry was thought to be a potential trade chip for the Phillies, but the injury likely means he will stay in Philadelphia through the July 31st trade deadline.
Ruf's promotion gives the Phillies front office another chance to evaluate whether he can be a regular contributor to the team going forward.
Ruf was 6-for-12 with four RBIs over his last three games for the IronPigs.
- Updated Magic Johnson named Lakers president of basketball operations
- Tough night for Berks teams as District 3 tournament tips off
- Alvernia falls to Lebanon Valley in first round of Commonwealth playoffs
- Emmaus boys hungry entering District 11 tournament
- Liberty hoping time off ignites District 11 playoff run