The Phillies cut reliever Michael Stutes, told Bobby Abreu he won't make their roster, and saw Kevin Frandsen sign with the Nationals on a busy Wednesday afternoon.
The Phils informed Abreu he will not make their Opening Day roster, though they do reportedly hope he will accept a Minor League assignment with the organization.
Stutes had spent significant time with the Phillies and IronPigs, but was besieged by injuries over the last few seasons.
Frandsen, who also spent the last few years with the Phillies and IronPigs, opted for free agency on Tuesday after the Phillies had designated him for assignment on Sunday.
On Wednesday, he signed a one-year, $900 thousand dollar deal with the Nationals - the same contract value which he had originally received from the Phillies this offseason.
- Greg Legg introduced as new Reading manager
- Lonnie Walker to receive McDonald's All-American jersey Friday
- Northampton girls eager to test themselves against strong competition this week
- Muhlenberg women adjusting to different results this season
- Penn State schedules latest Homecoming game in program history