The Phillies made a roster move on Monday, though it wasn't the big splashy trade many fans are waiting for.
The Phillies released reserve outfielder Tony Gwynn, Jr, a little more than a week after designating him for assignment.
Gwynn became expendable after the Phillies signed outfielder Grady Sizemore a few weeks ago.
Gwynn notably lost his father, Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn, Sr, to cancer back in June.
- Greg Legg introduced as new Reading manager
- Lonnie Walker to receive McDonald's All-American jersey Friday
- Northampton girls eager to test themselves against strong competition this week
- Muhlenberg women adjusting to different results this season
- Penn State schedules latest Homecoming game in program history