After a career year in Reading last year, Jim Murphy is eyeing even bigger things in the 2014 season.
The slugger bashed 23 home runs and had 83 RBIs with the Fightin Phils in 2013.
This year, he's focused on cutting down on his strikeouts and maintaining his solid defense at first base.
Dan Moscaritolo has more from Clearwater.
- Updated Seahawks legend Cortez Kennedy dies at 48
- Parkland and Easton set up championship rematch in girl's lacrosse
- Panthers and Lions to square off for District 11-2A championship
- Wilson WL girls make history with semifinal win over Governor Mifflin
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game