With Jeremy Maclin likely out for the season with a torn ACL, Riley Cooper appears to be the early frontrunner to claim his starting job.
Cooper, a fourth-year veteran out of Florida, has served primarily as a possession and goalline receiver in his career.
But with Maclin out, Cooper's role could be about to increase.
Cooper says, while he's not the same type of player Maclin is, he intends to have a big season playing his own style.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Phantoms open weekend with 5-3 victory over AHL-best Penguins
- Royals open 2nd half with overtime win against Adirondack
- Reading's Lonnie Walker receives McDonald's All-American jersey
- Nazareth, Becahi girls basketball stake claims atop EPC divisions