Meet Russell Wilson
Published: 6:11 PM EST Jan 04, 2014 Updated: 0:48 PM EST Jan 19, 2015
Russell Wilson has led the Seattle Seahawks to their second straight Super Bowl appearance. Get to know more about the third-year quarterback.
- The 26 year old is from Richmond, Va. He was born on Nov. 29, 1988.
- Wilson was selected by the Seahawks in the third round with the 75th overall pick in the 2012 draft.
- In his rookie season Wilson tied Peyton Manning’s 1998 record for the most touchdown passes by a rookie with 26.
- Wilson became the first rookie in NFL history to lead his team to an undefeated home record.
- As a rookie in 2012 Wilson recorded 26 TDs, 10 interceptions and 3,118 yards for a QB rating of 100.
- Wilson’s rookie season earned him a slew of accolades. He was named to the Pro Bowl roster, earned the Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Year honors and was named Sports Illustrated’s Offensive Rookie of the Year.
- In the 2013 season Wilson tallied 26 touchdowns, 9 interceptions and 3,357 yards for a quarterback rating of 101.2.
- As a collegiate player, Wilson played at North Carolina State before ending his career with one season at the University of Wisconsin.
- In high school Wilson was a standout football and baseball player.
- A shortstop, Wilson was drafted by the Colorado Rockies in the 2010 draft.
- Wilson’s late father, Harrison Wilson III, played football and baseball at Dartmouth. He was a member of the San Diego Chargers preseason squad.
- Wilson’s older brother, Harrison Wilson IV, played football and baseball at the University of Richmond.