Several teams from the Lehigh Valley and District 11 advanced to the state quarterfinals on Thursday night within their respective brackets.
The Emmaus boys knocked off District 3 champ Harrisburg in the 6A field, 64-61, thanks to a couple free throws late from Matt Kachelries.
He notched his 1,000th career during the trip to the line, which also sealed the game for the Green Hornets, who will face another District 3 team, Carlisle, in the quarterfinals.
Also in the 6A bracket, the Pocono Mountain West/Plymouth-Whitemarsh game was postponed to 7:30 at Freedom Friday.
East Stroudsburg North will battle Spring Grove on Friday at Martz Hall at 7:00 in their postponed 5A game.
In the 6A girls field, Northampton keeps on rolling, ousting District I champ Abington, 73-68, behind 28 points from Victoria Keenan.
The K-Kids advance to face Boyertown.
In 5A, the Southern Lehigh girls outscored Mastery Charter North by 30 in the second half, en route to a 77-47 triumph.
Olivia Snyder led the Spartans with 23 points. They'll face Susquehannock, District 3 champ, in the quarters.
And in 4A, Bethlehem Catholic picked up payback on Berks Catholic, 72-35.
The Golden Hawks totally dominated the game, building a 30-5 lead in the first half.
Lower Moreland awaits them in the quarterfinals.
Links to brackets can be found here.
Click on the video above for highlights.
- Sports Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
- Sports Andy Lyons/Getty Images
- Entertainment Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
- Sports Rob Carr/Getty Images
- Sports Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
- Sports Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
- Sports Al Bello/Getty Images
- Sports Scott Halleran/Getty Images
- Sports Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
- Sports Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images