ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) -- Angelo Mora hit a two-run single in the fourth inning, leading the Lehigh Valley IronPigs to a 5-2 win over the Syracuse Chiefs on Saturday.
The single by Mora capped a three-run inning and gave the IronPigs a 4-2 lead after Rhys Hoskins hit a sacrifice fly earlier in the inning.
The IronPigs tacked on another run in the sixth when Nick Williams hit a solo home run.
Lehigh Valley right-hander Tom Eshelman (5-1) picked up a quality start and the win after allowing two runs on six hits over seven innings. Opposing starter Dustin Antolin (2-3) took the loss in the International League game after a rough outing in which he allowed four runs and five hits over 3 2/3 innings. Pedro Beato recorded his 21st save of the season.
For the Chiefs, Andrew Stevenson doubled and singled three times.
With the win, Lehigh Valley improved to 4-1 against Syracuse this season.
- Lions storm back to beat Steelhawks in NAL playoffs
- Cedar Beach: Allen and Northampton boys, Nazareth girls among Friday winners
- Cedar Beach: Mustangs, Saints notch wins on Friday
- Fightin Phils open key series with 9-7 win in Baseballtown
- Hoskins drives in 3 as IronPigs get back on track in Rochester