Giants 10, Nationals 3: Joe Panik hit a three-run homer and Buster Posey added a solo shot as visiting San Francisco halted Washington's 10-game winning streak.Panik went 4-for-5 and belted his first major-league homer as the Giants remained 3 1/2 games behind the first-place Los Angeles Dodgers in the National League West. The Nationals saw their lead in the NL East dip to six games over the Atlanta Braves.Tim Hudson (9-9) allowed two runs (one earned) and five hits in 5 1/3 innings for his first win since July 19. Washington's Doug Fister (12-4) gave up four runs and seven hits in six innings. The Nationals had a 1-0 lead entering the fourth before Pablo Sandoval and Michael Morse singled with two out and Panik followed with a blast over the center-field fence to put the Giants ahead. Jayson Werth pulled the Nationals within a run when he led off the fourth with a line-drive homer to left.Posey homered with one out in the sixth to give San Francisco a 4-2 advantage and Travis Ishikawa ripped a two-run double off the wall in right-center field in the eighth to make it a four-run margin. The Giants blew it open with four in the ninth on Hunter Pence's run-scoring single, Posey's RBI double, Sandoval's sacrifice fly and Gregor Blanco's run-scoring single.GAME NOTEBOOK: Washington's 10-game winning streak matched the franchise record, accomplished four times previously with three of those occurring when the franchise was known as the Montreal Expos. … Panik has six multi-hit outings in the last seven games and is 15-for-27 during the stretch. … Nationals OF Nate McLouth underwent season-ending surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
- Seahawks' Wilson: 'Complete confidence in who I am'
- Cutler: No issues with Marshall
- Manning leads Broncos over Chargers
- Gruden: Griffin should be back by Nov. 16 game
- Lions WR Johnson 'going good' in England
- Can Broncos afford to keep the Thomases?
- Titans will start rookie QB Mettenberger
- Seahawks insist there is no Harvin Hangover
- Goodell must testify at Rice hearing
Penn State Football
- Flyers rally past Penguins, 5-3
- NHL game roundup: Flyers feel at home in Pittsburgh
- Leafs-Sens game postponed after Ottawa shootings
- NHL game roundup: Rangers come back in third
- G Crawford out, Blackhawks recall Darling
- Oilers edge Lightning for first win of season
- Kings' Voynov suspended indefinitely
- Sabres to retire Hasek's jersey
- Flames sign Brodie to 5-year deal
- Healthy Bryant shut down for rest of Lakers' preseason
- Reports: NBA lottery reform falls short of passing
- Thunder in Westbrook's hands as Durant mends
- NBA roundup: Warriors sign Kilpatrick
- Popovich to Suns owner: Where's 'chicken suit?'
- Griffin calls Sterling a 'weird uncle'
- Nets' Lopez injures foot again, out 10-14 days
- Durant eyes six-week recovery after surgery
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Change of Hart: Braves name team president
- Five things we know heading into World Series Game 3
- Royals ride five-run inning to Game 2 rout
- Bumgarner, Giants cruise in World Series opener
- Phillies re-sign Jerome Williams
- Royals sub Nix for Colon on Series roster
- World Series notebook: Giants hold experience edge
- Report: Red Sox may trade Cespedes
- Giants fan swaps home run ball for Series tickets