>>> wendy DAVIS:Golden Oaks Golf Club hosted the bcga Amateur Championship last weekend. The juniors took the course today in search of some hardware of their own.>>> Another great day for golf, another sunny day...which means fast greens once again at Golden Oaks.Just one element that the 38 golfers had to compete with this morning.The field is comprised of the best young golfers in Berks County and immediate area...high school and lower. Each played a round of 18 this morning. After that, the field was cut to 9 for the overall championship, which is being decided this afternoon in a 9-hole playoff.There's plenty of competitive edge among the young talent, but they are also thankful to be a part of some of the elite young golfers in the area. >>>>>> Wren and Gallen, tied for the lead after their first 18 and topping the final 9 in the chase for the overall championship.Kutztown's Shannon Weber shares 2nd with Ross Pilliod. Oley Valley's Mitch Burns in 3rd with a 78. ///////////////////////////... ////////////////Erich Gall turned in a 79 with Conrad Weiser's Brandon Raihl (Rail) one stroke behind him.The final 9, rounded out by a pair of 82's from Ryan Mirenda and Andrew Moran. We'll have a final leaderboard tonight at 10:30.
- Seahawks' Wilson: 'Complete confidence in who I am'
- Cutler: No issues with Marshall
- Manning leads Broncos over Chargers
- Gruden: Griffin should be back by Nov. 16 game
- Lions WR Johnson 'going good' in England
- Can Broncos afford to keep the Thomases?
- Titans will start rookie QB Mettenberger
- Seahawks insist there is no Harvin Hangover
- Goodell must testify at Rice hearing
Penn State Football
- NHL game roundup: Wings come back to nip Pens
- Senators-Leafs game rescheduled for Nov. 9
- Flyers rally past Penguins, 5-3
- NHL game roundup: Flyers feel at home in Pittsburgh
- Leafs-Sens game postponed after Ottawa shootings
- NHL game roundup: Rangers come back in third
- G Crawford out, Blackhawks recall Darling
- Oilers edge Lightning for first win of season
- Kings' Voynov suspended indefinitely
- Healthy Bryant shut down for rest of Lakers' preseason
- Reports: NBA lottery reform falls short of passing
- Thunder in Westbrook's hands as Durant mends
- NBA roundup: Warriors sign Kilpatrick
- Popovich to Suns owner: Where's 'chicken suit?'
- Griffin calls Sterling a 'weird uncle'
- Nets' Lopez injures foot again, out 10-14 days
- Durant eyes six-week recovery after surgery
- Chris Webber heading group bidding for Hawks
- Rays' Maddon opts out of contract
- Red Sox hire Chili Davis as hitting coach
- Change of Hart: Braves name team president
- Five things we know heading into World Series Game 3
- Royals ride five-run inning to Game 2 rout
- Bumgarner, Giants cruise in World Series opener
- Phillies re-sign Jerome Williams
- Royals sub Nix for Colon on Series roster
- World Series notebook: Giants hold experience edge