Bucks Co - Highway Construction Projects
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation today announced that construction will begin Monday night (June 18) on a $13 million project to repair and resurface 23 state highways in Bucks County, beginning with Interstate 95 in Bristol and Middletown townships.
“We will improve over 60 miles of worn roadway in Bucks County over the next year to seal the pavement and provide our customers with a smooth riding surface,” PennDOT District Executive Lester C. Toaso said.
The weather dependent work scheduled next week is:
• Monday through Friday (June 18-22) – One lane will be closed on northbound and southbound Interstate 95 about a half-mile north of the Route 413 Interchange in Bristol and Middletown townships from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for milling and paving; and
• Monday (June 18) through June 29 – One lane will be closed on Route 32 (River Road) between the Yardley Borough line and Route 232 (Windy Bush Road) in Lower Makefield, Upper Makefield and Solebury townships from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for milling, base repair and resurfacing.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through these work zones.
The remaining 21 state highways scheduled for resurfacing under this project are:
• Route 309 between Sunshine Drive and the Lehigh County line in Richland and Springfield townships and Quakertown Borough;
• Route 113 (Souderton Pike) between Moyer Road and Route 313 (Dublin Pike) in the Hilltown Township;
• Woodbourne Road/Ellis Road/Double Woods Road between Wood Lane and Route 332 (Newtown Bypass) in Middletown and Newtown townships;
• Aquetong Road between Route 232 (Windy Bush Road) and Stoney Hill Road in Solebury Township;
• Church Road between Route 309 and Hilltown Pike in the Hilltown Township;
• Hulmeville Road between Business Route 1 and Old Lincoln Highway in Middletown Township;
• Taylorsville Road between Dyers Creek and Route 532 (Washington Crossing Road) in the Lower Makefield and Upper Makefield townships;
• Spinnerstown Road between Route 663 (John Fries Highway) and Lehigh County line in Milford Township;
• Route 413 (Durham Road) between Township Line Road/Pineville Road and Route 263 (Upper York Road) in Buckingham Township;
• Bristol Road between Route 332 (Jacksonville Road) and Route 232 (2nd Street Pike) in Warminster and Northampton townships;
• Sugar Bottom Road/Pebble Hill Road between St. Lawrence Way and Homestead Road in Doylestown Township;
• Callowhill Road between Route 113 (Souderton Road) and Fifth Street in Hilltown and East Rockhill townships and Perkasie Borough;
• Trevose Road/Brownsville Road between County Line Road and Old Lincoln Highway in Lower Southampton, Bensalem and Middletown townships;
• Eagle Road between Stoopville Road and Pineville Road in the Newtown and Upper Makefield townships;
• Bath Street between Mill Street and Route 13 (Bristol Pike) in Bristol Borough;
• Upper Ridge Road from just south of Unami Creek to the Montgomery County line in Milford Township;
• Mearns Road between Route 132 (Street Road) and Bristol Pike in Warminster Township;
• County Line Road/Main Street between Church Road and Route 536 (Ridge Road) in West Rockhill, Franconia and Salford townships and Telford Borough;
• Church Road between County Line Road and Route 309 in the Telford Borough and West Rockhill Township;
• Chinquapin Road between Bristol Road and Route 532 (Buck Road) in Lower Southampton and Northampton townships; and
• Main Street between Clemens Road and Route 611 (Doylestown Bypass) in Doylestown Borough, Doylestown, Buckingham and Plumstead townships.
In addition, crews will install new curb ramps at the following intersections:
• Route 113 (Souderton Pike) at Route 313 (Dublin Pike) in Hilltown Township;
• Woodbourne Road at Route 332 (Newtown Bypass) in Newtown Township;
• Spinnerstown Road at Steinsburg Road in Milford Township;
• Spinnerstown Road at Route 663 (John Fries Highway) in Milford Township;
• Bristol Road at Hatboro Road in Warminster Township;
• Bristol Road at Route 232 (Jacksonville Road) in Warminster Township;
• Bristol Road at Davisville Road in Warminster Township;
• Trevose Road at Route 132 (Street Road) in Bensalem Township;
• Brownsville Road at Philadelphia Avenue in Lower Southampton Township;
• Brownsville Road at Bristol Road in Lower Southampton and Bensalem townships;
• Bath Road at Mill Street in Bristol Borough;
• Route 309 (Bethlehem Pike) at Cherry Road in Richland Township;
• Church Road at Hamilton Avenue in Telford Borough; and
• Main Street between Ashland Avenue and Sawmill Road in Doylestown Borough, Buckingham and Plumstead townships.
Motorists are advised to allow additional time for travel on each roadway during resurfacing operations. All work will be completed by August 2013.
James D. Morrissey, Inc. of Philadelphia is the general contractor on the $13,237,127 project. The project is financed with 100 percent state funds.
PennDOT reminds motorists they can log on to www.511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions on major highways before heading out.
For more information, visit www.dot.state.pa.us.
Follow local PennDOT information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly.