Information provided by PennDOT
Nighttime traffic restrictions are scheduled on U.S. Route 1 between South Bellevue Avenue and Interstate 95 in Middletown Township, Bucks County, next week for concrete barrier placement.
The work schedule is:
· Monday through Thursday (March 10-13) – The left lane on northbound and southbound Route 1 will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning; and
· Friday (March 14) – The left lane on northbound and southbound Route 1will be closed from 9 p.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday
The speed limit on Route 1 is reduced from 55 miles per hour to 40 miles per hour in the construction zone.
Monday through Friday (March 10-14) – One lane will be closed on northbound and southbound Eagle Road at Harrington Road in Haverford Township, Delaware County from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Construction will begin Monday (March 10) on a project to install a new traffic signal system to enhance travel on Bustleton Pike, Bridgetown Pike and Route 132 (Street Road) in Lower Southampton Township, Bucks County.
The upcoming work schedule is:
· Monday (March 10) through March 29, Bustleton Pike will be restricted weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. between Woodland Road and Bridgetown Pike in Lower Southampton and Northampton townships;
· Monday (March 10) through March 29, Bridgetown Pike will be restricted weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. between Bustleton Pike and Old Bristol Road in Lower Southampton and Northampton townships; and
· Monday (March 10) through March 29, Route 132 (Street Road) will be restricted weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. between Stump Road and Central Avenue in Lower Southampton and Northampton townships.
Lane restrictions and intermittent traffic stoppages are scheduled on Route 422 between the Sanatoga and Stowe interchanges in Montgomery and Chester counties for road and bridge improvements.
The work schedule is:
· One lane will be closed on eastbound Route 422 between the Route 724 and Sanatoga interchanges in Lower Pottsgrove Township, Montgomery County and North Coventry Township, Chester County, from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. from March 1 through March 31; and
· One lane will be closed on westbound Route 422 between the Sanatoga and Route 724 interchanges in Lower Pottsgrove Township, Montgomery County and North Coventry Township, Chester County, from 7 p.m. to 1 p.m. from March 1 through March 31.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the area. The work schedules are weather dependent.
Lane restrictions are scheduled on northbound and southbound U.S. Route 1 (Lincoln Highway) between Business Route 1 and Route 213 (Maple Avenue) in Middletown Township, Langhorne and Langhorne Manor boroughs, Bucks County, beginning Monday (March 10) for core boring operations. Travel restrictions will be in effect on Route 1 (Lincoln Highway) weeknights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. through April.
Following a PennDOT structural inspection of County Bridge No. 221 in Nockamixon Township, engineers have decided to close the bridge to traffic, effective Tuesday, November 5. According to Bucks County Director of Operations Jerry Anderson, the bridge will remain closed for approximately six-eight months (April 2014) while it undergoes standard repairs. The 51-foot long, 15.5-foot wide steel Pratt Pony Truss bridge, which spans Gallows Run on Traugers Crossing Rd., was originally constructed in 1893 and reconditioned in 1936. It is one of 115 bridges owned and maintained by the County of Bucks. As a public notice, residents are advised that the bridge will be marked with “Bridge Closed” signs. Emergency response personnel have been notified and instructed to use alternate routes to access the surrounding area.
March 17 through June 17 – Trinity Lane will be closed between Holstein Road and Swedeland Road in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Motorists will be detoured over Holstein Road, Swedeland Road and Trinity Lane.