The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) on Thursday approved a rate increase for Manwalamink Water Company in Monroe County.
The commission voted 5-0 to approve the rate increase request of 16 percent a year. The bill for an average water customer using 41,208 gallons a year would increase from $259.44 to $300.84, or by $41.40 (15.96 percent) a year.
Manwalamink provides service to approximately 1,220 customers in portions of Middle Smithfield and Smithfield townships, Monroe County.
More information on the rate-making process is available on the commission's website.
The trial of Phil Leone, the ex-Bangor councilman accused of sexual abuse of children, has begun according to a Northampton County court administrator.Read More »
- Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Christie set to unveil final budget proposal as governor
- Updated Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- New Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race