MORRISTOWN, N.J. - More money is available to help victims of Superstorm Sandy one year after it devastated parts of New Jersey.
NJ Sandy Relief Fund awards $3M in grants
The Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund awarded eight grants totaling little more than $3 million Tuesday.
The nonprofit organizations will use the money for housing assistance, mental health programs and social services.
So far, the fund has handed out $19.2 million to 80 organizations involved in storm recovery.
The fund is headed by the governor's wife, Mary Pat Christie.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos