ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Allentown police are investigating a shooting connected to an early morning robbery in the 700 block of Allen Street.
Authorities report that a 50-year-old man and a 62-year-old woman were walking in the area of the 700 block of Allen Street just before 2 a.m. Tuesday, when they were approached by four men.36736990
At least one of the men had a handgun, and the group robbed the pair of their personnel belongings, according to Allentown police Capt. Bill Reinick. The 50-year-old man, who lived nearby, ran home and told his roommates about the robbery, Reinick said.
Upon hearing of the robbery, two or three of the man's roommates ran outside and saw two of the suspects, according to Reinick. One roommate called out to the men and was shot in the bicep from about a block away, Reinick said.
The 21-year-old was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest in Salisbury Township for non-life-threatening injuries.
Anyone with information about the robbery or the shooting is asked to contact the Allentown Police Department Detective Bureau at 610-437-7721.
- Police ID man sought after high-speed chase, crash in Berks
- Pawlowski: 'I do not believe I did anything wrong'
- Divers call off underwater search at Blue Marsh Lake
- Guilty plea in Allentown FBI probe
- Updated Behind the scenes of the Lehigh Valley Auto Show
- Trains almost ready to roll between Muhlenberg, Jim Thorpe
- Updated Dallas Green, manager of Phillies' first World Series title team, dies
- Waters in Berks being readied for trout season
- Witness says he thought Sandusky was reported
- Legal immigrant arrested on the job in Wyomissing