ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Allentown police are investigating a shooting connected to an early morning robbery in the 700 block of Allen Street.
Authorities report that a 50-year-old man and a 62-year-old woman were walking in the area of the 700 block of Allen Street just before 2 a.m. Tuesday, when they were approached by four men.36736990
At least one of the men had a handgun, and the group robbed the pair of their personnel belongings, according to Allentown police Capt. Bill Reinick. The 50-year-old man, who lived nearby, ran home and told his roommates about the robbery, Reinick said.
Upon hearing of the robbery, two or three of the man's roommates ran outside and saw two of the suspects, according to Reinick. One roommate called out to the men and was shot in the bicep from about a block away, Reinick said.
The 21-year-old was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest in Salisbury Township for non-life-threatening injuries.
Anyone with information about the robbery or the shooting is asked to contact the Allentown Police Department Detective Bureau at 610-437-7721.
- Updated State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Updated Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown