The reason it appears brighter after a snowstorm is because fresh snow flakes/crystals reflect more light (natural and artificial) than other ground coverages such as grass, dirt, or blacktop.
Berks County Area
- 24-hour SoccerFest helps keep girl's spirit alive
- Police patrol car sends pedestrian to the hospital
Poconos & Coal Region
- Police search for hit-and-run driver in Monroe County
- Authorities investigating fatal Carbon County crash
Western New Jersey
- New Jersey braces for excessive heat; officials urge caution
- Fatal accident snarls traffic on Interstate 78 in N.J.