CUMRU TWP., Pa. - The Humane Society of Berks County is sending emergency responders and veterinarians to New Jersey.
The team will provide care, supplies and support to displaced people and their pets in areas devastated by Hurricane Sandy and the nor'easter.
The pet retention response team is an experimental concept aimed at keeping people and pets together in a crisis. It may serve as a model for future disaster response efforts.
- - Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- - 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- - Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- - Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- - Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
|Record||92°F May 26, 2010||39°F May 26, 1956|