Bitterly cold conditions will be the big story overnight with low temperatures tumbling into the single digits under mostly clear skies.
Thursday will be a blustery and cold day with highs holding in the middle and upper 20s despite a mix of clouds and sunshine.
A few flurries or even a heavier snow shower/squall may be possible during the afternoon and evening hours on Thursday as a weak cold front affects the region.
Even though Friday will feature mostly sunny skies and much lighter winds, it will still be a very cold day with high temperatures only bouncing back into the low 20s after starting in the single digits to around zero degrees.
- - Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- - 2 people in stable condition after Norristown shooting
- - Philadelphia to keep 'AMOR,' the bilingual 'LOVE' sculpture
- - Mom charged over 2-year-old's death; investigation continues
- - Authorities ask for help in 1993 murder; $10,000 reward still available
- - Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- - Driver freed by rescuers in Schuylkill County crash
- - Father dies in I-80 crash that killed 2 children, box truck driver
- - Hazleton police chase ends with motorcycle crashing into school van
- - Local farm providing 'Trees for Troops'